Monday, October 01, 2007

Guys and dolls...

On Saturday we went over to the Gibson's house for our monthly Elite 8 gathering. We all made it this time - even the kiddos!

When we got there Annie and Maddy compared Gracie's tiny feet to those of Pearly Jo. I was relieved that my daughter is at least little bigger than Maddy's beloved doll.


For dinner we enjoyed delicious taco soup, compliments of Sarri. It was perfect on that yucky, cold, rainy day. After we ate, the guys (as usual) started playing Wii, and us girls ventured to the other room to chat. The kids were running wild through the house making all sorts of toddler noises and messes that I'm not used to, but didn't seem to worry Annie, Sarri, or even Melissa (who is a teacher). Our conversations are always full of fun stories and lots of laughter and Saturday was no different. The best quote of the night came from Annie...I can't remember the whole story behind it, or what we were even talking about to get there, but Annie said, "I wouldn't even let my high school daughter go out with Jesus." Really Annie? Maybe it is a good thing that she has two BOYS!

Throughout the night the kids were playing with all sorts of toys and games. I think each of the (little) boys had the fireman hat on at one point or another. When Garrett was all ready for bed, and sitting next to Sarri wearing the hat, Merrick said, "I am going to go to work on Monday dressed exactly like Garrett is right now." I had to take a picture for a reminder. Needless to say he didn't look like this when he walked out the door today - thank goodness!

Gracie didn't get to play with the other kids, but she did demonstrate what a big girl she is! Now that we have tried it out, we will be buying a bumbo seat for her soon.

When the Gibsons finally kicked us out it was well past midnight. Time flies, right? We had such a good time with these friends. I am reminded each time we see them how blessed we are to have close friends from college. We are looking forward to seeing them again - in only three weeks!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a lot of fun! We love the Bumbo at our house too.

Annie Schilperoort Photography said...

I guess it's inevitable that that quote would be remembered! Can we blame the margarita? I believe "in context" it made more sense & was more making a point than actually stating I wouldn't let my daughter hang out with Jesus. Anyway, that's all. Just defending myself a little! We had so much fun with you guys that night. Can't wait for next month! I promise to tame my tongue a bit. :)