After surviving a bout with the stomach flu, our Easter was very low-key this year. Gracie started vomiting on Friday night and I immediately called my parents to let them know we wouldn't make it to their house to celebrate with them on Sunday. I was sad to cancel, but whatever we have been passing around here seems to be very contagious, so we holed up and avoided people.
Since we had picked out fun Easter dresses, we still got the girlies all dolled up and took some pictures. Grace was thrilled that - even though she didn't get to go to church - she got to wear her new dress and sweater. I love their dresses this year (Margaret found very cute little sweaters to compliment them) and because of the style I am sure they will get worn a lot this summer.
First Easter
Reading the resurrection story from Grace's Bible.
I must say how much I dislike opening Easter baskets on Sunday. In fact, since Grace was born we have given her an Easter basket every year (her cute monogrammed puffy bunny), but we have given it to her on Friday or Saturday. Sunday is reserved for celebrating the death and resurrection of Jesus. Easter is so important to our family - eternally important - and I don't want to be inadvertently sucked into the commercialization of the holiday. That being said, when you are throwing up for the two days before Easter it is hard to come up with a time to "open" baskets. So, we did this on Sunday this time... never again! You can't tell from the pictures, but it was a disaster. Grace was still exhausted from her stomach bug, so after about one minute (and one little fit) she got her basket and everything in it taken away. It is now Thursday and the basket of goodies is still up on the counter in my office.
This year her bunny was filled with gardening tools, stickers, a mini-coloring book, and hair things.
Claire's new Easter basket - a monogrammed puffy chick.
She didn't quite get it, but she loves her soft bunny. She also got hair clips and a bath toy.
This is the pose that happens when mommy is asleep on the couch.
Happy Easter!
He is risen indeed!
2 comments:
I love Claire's little feet sticking out from under her dress. So cute!
Cute dresses!
I don't know what you'd think of this- a couple of my blog friends actually do "Easter" stuff on the first day of Spring. That's when they do eggs and all that.
We didn't grow up having baskets at all, and I don't know yet what I'll do with Isabelle (she gets something from Grandma, but not us). I probably need to decide soon. :)
Maybe that's a good way to separate it but still have some fun.
Post a Comment