Here's a few recent Gracie stories...
The other day Merrick came home from work and found Grace in the kitchen holding a book of matches. (FYI - I was just in the other room, and she hadn't been unsupervised for long). The conversation I overheard went like this:
M: Grace, what do you have?
G: Matches!
M: Oh, where did you find matches?
G: In the knife drawer.
Here I am people... mother of the year.
I need to preface this story by saying that, for the most part, Grace is a good girl. We have our moments, but truly she is a sweet and well behaved girl. The other day she was having a melt down about nothing so I told her she needed to go to her room until she was calm and had decided to be nice. She looked at me and said (in a sort of snotty voice), "I'll be nice when you give me a chocolate chip."
At church we usually try to take Grace to the bathroom before she goes to her Sunday school class. Usually that is Merrick's job since I'm checking Claire in to her class at the same time. A few weeks ago they were in a stall in the boys bathroom when someone came in to use the urinal. The unidentified man had a very strong pee stream and after hearing it Grace said (in her not-so-quiet toddler voice), "Who's taking a shower ?"
1 comment:
these are some of my favorite posts!
Post a Comment