We spent Christmas Eve with my family. Craig and Melissa were heading up to her parent's house that afternoon, so we treated it like our Christmas Day celebration. We had yummy breakfast treats, good coffee, opened lots of gifts, and mom made a really good roast beef lunch. It really did feel like Christmas. Somehow I forgot my camera, but thankfully Grace got to open hers early on. You'll have to check out
her pictures to get a feel for our day. =)
After lunch, and naps, we headed to the first service at our church. I knew it would be crowded, but I had no idea just how many people could really
fit squeeze into our building. It was pretty incredible. I loved having the girls with us for the service, worshiping together, listening to our pastor share about Christ's birth and his life on earth. We ended the night with candles - Grace's favorite part.
 |
| I didn't have my own camera, but found this picture on Facebook from the exact angle where we were sitting. |
After church we headed home for an easy dinner and an early bed time. We were tired from our long day, but were eagerly anticipating the rest of the Christmas festivities to come.
No comments:
Post a Comment