From December:
Because of our trip, our Christmas tree came late this year. We tried out a new u-cut lot, and other than the trees being a little small still, I really liked it. We ended up getting a Nordmann Fir for a change. It was a little Charlie Brownish, but it grew on me. Plus, this variety of tree holds its needles, so it was the cleanest tree we have ever had.
Sometimes I wish Claire had thought bubbles so I would always know what she was thinking.
We were busy, so it took us a few days to decorate, but here it is all up and pretty.
Every year I try to get the kids at least one ornament that reminds me of the year. This was Grace's from 2007 - her first trip to Disneyland as a baby. Mickey is standing on a jingle bell and carrying a Christmas tree over his shoulder. I love this one.
This is from 2009 - Grace's second trip to Disneyland - the trip when she was so sick and missed most of the fun. We picked this for her on our last day in the park while she was asleep in the hotel with grandma and grandpa.
This little guy actually came from the park where my mom works. We all got different animals last year, but this one seems particularly fitting after our fall of fighting mice in our house.
This year's ornaments were once again from Disneyland. Grace picked Tinkerbell.
And for Claire we chose Wall-E. I can't tell you very much about the movie, I have only seen it one time, but when I saw this ornament I was over come with all sorts of emotions.
I have posted this picture a few times, but what I might not have mentioned is that her little eyes, staring upward, are fixed on the television screen watching Wall-E. She doesn't remember this, and her 2011 ornament might not ever mean as much to her as it will to me. But this ornament signifies health, restoration, thankfulness, joy, wholeness, happiness, and so many other things we have experienced this holiday season.
No comments:
Post a Comment