Monday, December 26, 2011

Christmas morning at home...

Christmas morning at our house was pretty low key. We read the Christmas story from the Bible, opened presents, and ate breakfast before packing up and heading over to my parents' house for a late lunch. It was nice to not be rushed out the door and get to enjoy time together. 
 
Claire is pretty into babies these days, and usually has one of her brood with her at all times. This funny little doll was a gift after a blood draw last year. It doesn't get played with a lot, but she sat with us to open presents this year. 
 
 
Stockings first - youngest to oldest.
 
 
Stuffing stockings for the girls was my favorite part of Christmas this year. Neither need very many big items, but there are always lots of little things on our "need" list... toothbrushes, fun bandaids, dried mangoes, Trader Joe's gummie treats, apricot baby food (a tradition from my family that I will keep alive). Anyway, their stockings were full of lots of little things and took a while to open. I think both girls liked digging little treasures out and being surprised at what they found.
 
 
 
This is the only thing Grace asked for... a "kid's shaver" so she can shave her legs in the bath tub. I called four different toy stores before finding a kit, but she was pretty excited.
 
I handed Merrick his first gift from me and he said, "Uh oh. I think I got you the same thing." Sure enough... new wooden cutting boards. Neither of us could think of things we really needed or wanted, so we ended up getting just a few little things for the house. I also did buy Merrick tickets to the Punch Brothers concert, and we are both pretty excited to see them in March!
 
The girls and their loot. We had a simple Christmas - most of the things here were in their stockings (and a few of the bigger things were from their sweet friends). For a few days after, Claire would walk around asking to open another present. I think she liked the process and actually got it this year. 
 


No comments: